Philosophy Fitness is a community hub that offers strength and circuit classes, personal training, and boxing. They offer both virtual and in-person sessions created and run by some of the best trainers and coaches in the city.
The Philosophy Wellness Team is located on the second floor o f the gym and offers chiropractic, physiotherapy, and massage therapy.
Accessibility: access to the second floor is up a 20 step staircase. This is not a scent-free or chemical-free environment due to the cleaning products that are used throughout the gym and in the treatment rooms.
The Ontario Government announced a province-wide stay-at-home order beginning Thursday, January 14, 2021 at 12:01 am. Regulated health professionals, including chiropractors and physiotherapists, are listed as businesses that may remain open under the stay-at-home order, and may continue to operate in accordance with current guidance around COVID-19. There is no change to the scope of care that chiropractors and physiotherapists are permitted to provide resulting from the Government’s announcement.
1. Please wait patiently outside and I will be down shortly before your appointment time to meet you. The door will be locked behind you as you enter.
2. Use the hand sanitizer provided or wash your hands in the bathroom before and after your treatment.
3. Bring your own shorts and/or t-shirt depending on the area you would like worked on.
4. Please bring a mask, scarf, or something to cover your nose and mouth. A soft fabric is recommended for maximum comfort during treatment.
5. Cancellations can be made online up to 24hours before your appointment. If you develop symptoms of COVID within 24hrs of your appointment, please reach out to email@example.com to cancel and I will waive the cancellation fee. For reasons outside of this, please be mindful that with these measures I am only able to operate at 75% capacity and as such, late cancellations are subject to a fee.
1. The door will be locked to the general public.
2. A 15 minute gap will be applied to all appointments. This will minimize the number of people within a space at a given time and allow time for a thorough wipe-down of all surfaces and handles.
3. All surfaces will be wiped down with biotext, a hospital grade disinfectant, between all treatments and at the start and end of each day.
4. Hands will be washed with soap/water and hand sanitizer before and after treatments.
5. An ASTM level 2 medical grade mask will be worn during the treatment.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Belinda Chan
Dr. Belinda has been practicing out of a private room on the second floor of Philosophy Fitness since March 2019. You can read more about her here.
Initial (45-60min): $125
Follow-up (20min): $70
Follow-up (30min) $85
Thurs: alternating weeks of 10am-4pm and 11am-6pm
For appointments outside of the listed hours please contact Dr. Belinda directly.
Kelvin is a resident physiotherapist who completed his Masters of Science in Physical Therapy at the University of Toronto. Previously, he earned a Masters in Professional Kinesiology and a Bachelors in Kinesiology with Honours at the University of Toronto as well.
Kelvin has a passion in empowering his client’s through education, and develops personalised treatment plans which uses a combination of manual therapy and exercises. He has experience in managing athletic injuries, neurological conditions, and has experience working with children with disabilities through the SMILE program. Kelvin is actively pursuing courses in acupuncture, dry needling, and musculoskeletal and manual physiotherapy.
Kelvin is a member of the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS). Kelvin is fluent in Cantonese and can provide physiotherapy services in both English and Cantonese.
In his spare time, Kelvin enjoys going to the gym, learning to cook new dishes, exploring nature, and binging the latest shows on Netflix.
Initial (45-60min): $120
Follow-up (30min) $80